The 10 benefits of eating organic food
When you eat, you wonder what you’re putting in your mouth? In the daily grind, most people put aside healthy habits and turn to buying products saturated in fat and additives.
In general, supermarket brands are tempting and offer us quick solutions for the kitchen. However, it is always better to go to a local fruit and vegetable store than to buy from the big chains.
Organic food is safer, as this agricultural technique prohibits the routine use of pesticides and herbicides that often occur in potentially dangerous combinations.
Scientific studies have shown real health effects. Furthermore, excellent results have been proven as alternative therapies for cancer.
Fortunately, more and more people are opting for these products which are extremely beneficial to health and the environment, so it is important that you are aware of all the privileges of incorporating them into your diet.
The greatest benefits of consuming organic products are:
- Its cultivation has no chemicals, pesticides, fertilizers or synthetic additives.
- They contain a much more intense flavor, aroma and color.
- Organic foods are more nutritious since they contain higher levels of vitamins, essential minerals, antioxidants, carbohydrates and proteins.
- Organic fruits and vegetables may have up to 40% more antioxidants than conventional vegetables. Also the level of Vitamin C and protein in cereals and vegetables is higher.
- They protect the health of the consumer and the farmer.
- They are rigorously certified products, which assures the consumer of complete satisfaction.
- By consuming organic food, fertility is also improved in couples since many pesticides used in traditional crops affect the fertility of both men and women.
- They improve the immune system and protect children from pesticides, which provides more nutrients to their bodies.
- They help prevent global warming and care for the environment.
- Organic supports biodiversity in cultivated areas.
All the above reasons are more than enough reasons to choose a healthier way of eating, taking care of the environment and mainly our health.